Friday, December 30, 2005

Week 17 picks

She's only SEVENTEEN ... And here we are: the final weekend of the NFL regular season. I'm not kidding when I say it's depressing. All season long I've been looking forward to Sundays at 1 p.m., when I can plant myself on the couch, turn on the Ticket and forget about life for a few hours. And now it's almost over. I have my routine for Sunday afternoons: Two one-liter bottles of Diet Pepsi -- one for the early games, one for the late games. A printout of the day's lineup with my picks highlighted. I pick two games to watch for the first half, one on each tuner of the TiVo. By pausing one while I watch the other and fast-forwarding through the commercials, I can pretty much stay up to speed on both. If one ends up not being very interesting (blowout, sloppy play), I find another. Over the course of the day, I try to check in on each game at least once. Good times.

The final picks of the regular season are posted on The Writers' Picks over at The Mirl. Standings are also posted. Still hanging in at a respectable sixth out of 30-plus. I appear to be in the mainstream on all of these. Houston-San Francisco is, surprisingly, shaping up to be one of the more compelling games of the weekend. The picks are split dead even.

I'm just a wreck ...

No comments: